Re: PHPNuke license

On Tue, 2003-03-04 at 14:20, John Goerzen wrote:
> > There is a clear and distinct difference between the grep in ls | grep
> > '^some.regexp$' | xargs rm, and PHPNuke!
>
> Where is the difference between your example ls/grep/xargs and my example
> PHPNuke pipeline?

PHPNuke is interactive.  Grep isn't.  Please recall the definition of
interactive is:

>From The Free On-line Dictionary of Computing (09 FEB 02) [foldoc]:

  interactive

     <programming> A term describing a program whose input and
     output are interleaved, like a conversation, allowing the
     user's input to depend on earlier output from the same run.

     The interaction with the user is usually conducted through
     either a text-based interface or a {graphical user interface}.
     Other kinds of interface, e.g. using {speech recognition}
     and/or {speech synthesis}, are also possible.

     This is in contrast to {batch} processing where all the input
     is prepared before the program runs and so cannot depend on
     the program's output.

--
-Dave Turner                     Stalk Me: 617 441 0668

"On matters of style, swim with the current, on matters
of principle, stand like a rock." -Thomas Jefferson