Re: GPL scripts with a GPL-incompatible interpreter

Richard Braakman <dark@xs4all.nl> wrote:
> It's clear that our basic disagreement is here.  I see nothing in
> section 2 that would limit it only to source code.

Correct.  Compiling is a form of modification.  But are you able to
distribute everything in the object file (including the libraries)
under the terms of the GPL?  If not (which is the case most of the
time for compiled languages on non-free platforms), then the GPL
allows a special exemption: Section 3.

Walter