Re: Fwd: Re: libjpeg for debian, autoconf

Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@netexpress.net>

> The absence of the configure.in used to generate the present
> configure script is a bit of a nuisance, but I'm not sure it's
> substantial enough to regard this as not being DFSG-compliant.  I'm
> sure other list subscribers will weigh in if they disagree with me
> on this point.

I think that the configure.in is sufficiently important for further
development (and sufficiently nontrivial for mortals to reconstruct
from configure) that the spirit of the social contract and the DFSG
mandate that we distribute it as part of the source.

However, unless we have solid evidence that the upstream author
specifically don't want to disclose their configure.in, we should treat
it as a case of honest oversight and not start throwing legalese into
the battle immediately.

--
Henning Makholm                             "We're trying to get it into the
                                parts per billion range, but no luck still."