Re: New EULA of UnrealIRCd

    Henning> Scripsit Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>
    Branden> Requiring a click-through license acceptance ceremony is,
    Branden> in and of itself, incompatible with the GNU GPL.  This is
    Branden> because it makes requirements of the user that the GNU
    Branden> GPL itself does not.

    >> Only if the license that is clicked through requires something
    >> that the GNU GPL does not require.

    Henning> But that would be the case if the click-through license
    Henning> included something like "you must only distribute this to
    Henning> people after they have clicked-through this license" -
    Henning> which they usually do, to the extent that they allow
    Henning> redistribution at all.

Yes it would be.

But I have encountered click-through licenses that did not require me
to agree to such conditions and that were click-throughs for DFSG
licenses.  I have never found a click-through for a GPL subset.

I simply believe it is in ourbest interest to explore the situation
and be sure software is non-free before refusing to put it in Debian.