Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

>If the original GULP is not DSFG-free, I cannot see any way that the
>document or any translation of it could possibly be allowed in main.
>The non-freeness of the original document would prevent any translation
>from being DFSG-free, as I understand U.S. copyright law.

I see no reason why you could not authorize a translation to be distributed under a DFSG-free license. You would basically be saying that in all ways the translation embodied the original, you could use those aspects of the original; but the exact original English wording couldn't be duplicated. It wouldn't mean the original was free, but you could translate the Spanish version back to English then.