Re: ldp-es_20002103-7_i386.changes REJECTED

Scripsit Santiago Vila <sanvila@unex.es>

> Article 2 says in section 3:

>    (3) Translations, adaptations, arrangements of music and other
>    alterations of a literary or artistic work shall be protected as
>    original works without prejudice to the copyright in the original
>    work.

> Their own copyright? What about the "without prejudice [...]" part?

I think it is a convoluted way to say that the fact that the
translators copyright applies to the translation does not imply that
the original author's copyright has ceased to apply to it too.

In other words: To copy translation you need permission from the
original author AND the translator. Each of those parties can set his
own conditions for giving that permission.

However, if the original work is GPL'ed (I have trouble extracting the
relevant facts from the thread, so that may or may not be the case
here), the translator will be in trouble if he makes stricter demands
than the GPL allows. And in that case the translation is not legally
distributatble at all.

--
Henning Makholm                         "Al lykken er i ét ord: Overvægtig!"