Re: Eagle non-free

Shaun Jackman <sjackman@shaw.ca> wrote:
> I'd like to package the schematic program Eagle. It is binary only,
> unfortunately. But, there is a free-as-in-beer license available. Is
> there any reason Eagle can not be distributed in Debian non-free?
> The license can be found here:
> 	http://www.cadsoftusa.com/freeware.htm

There is no permission to redistribute Eagle.  Some people want their
software to only be distributed from their own site.  I would suggest
contacting the author to clarify their desires.  At the least, you
need to secure, for Debian, the right to redistribute Eagle.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu