Re: BSD license, core libraries, and NetBSD

In chiark.mail.debian.legal, you wrote:
>Scripsit Joel Baker <lucifer@lightbearer.com>
>
>> 2) I assert that NetBSD's libc, while under a 4-clause license, qualifies
>> under the GPL clause exempting system libraries from the linking
>> limitations (that nailed OpenSSL and others).
>
>Which part of "unless that component itself accompanies the
>executable" don't you understand?

"Accompanies" is entirely unclear. Is that "In the same package", "In
the same distribution", "Installed by the same installer" or what? It's
not obvious, and claiming that its meaning should be inherently obvious
to all isn't useful. I think it's something that needs clarifying one
way or the other.

--
Matthew Garrett | mjg59-chiark.mail.debian.legal@srcf.ucam.org