Re: cadaver licensing issues: openssl and GPL again

On Fri, 2002-10-11 at 19:28, Steve Langasek wrote:
> So the options are that you could secure a clarification of the GPL's OS
> exemption from the FSF, in the form of a new revision of the GPL, that
> permits what you're asking; or you can find a way to replace OpenSSL in
> the build with a library providing equivalent features, such as gnutls.
> It seems to me that the second is slightly more feasible. :)

To clarify Steve's otherwise excellent reply: recent gnutls ships with
an OpenSSL compatibility library.  The libraries are LGPL, so there
should be no problem with compatibility.

I haven't tried it yet, but I intend to with CUPS.  I'd recommend you
give it a try.