Re: cdrdao license issues show that cdrtools package is non DFSG, too?

On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 09:35:13PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 03, 2002 at 01:02:11AM +0100, Colin Watson wrote:
>> On Wed, Oct 02, 2002 at 07:39:17PM -0400, Brian Ristuccia wrote:
[libecc/edc is non-free]
>>> Actually, the author offered to relicense the problem code under
>>> the GPL for EUR250, which would not be specific to just Debian.

>> Oh, sorry, I followed the first link in the original post rather than
>> the second and didn't see that offer. I'll go away now.

> If someone within the Project volunteered to write a Free replacement
> for no fee, or for a fee less than EUR250, that might set a better
> precedent.

> In the meantime, the packages that include this code need to be moved
> out of main.

Hello,
What is the best way to do this? Bugreport against cdrtools?

This is unfortunate, it would require moving ~20 Packages out of
main, including debian-cd and pgi.
           cu andreas
PS: Please CC me on replies.
PPS: I am Ccing cdrtools' maintainer Michael Stone.