Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

Scripsit Anthony DeRobertis <asd@suespammers.org>
> On Sat, 2002-07-20 at 17:32, Henning Makholm wrote:

> > However, when I modify the name of size12.clo I need to make sure that
> > article.cls can find my modified file. For example, article.cls
> > contains something like
> >    \DeclareOption{12pt}{\renewcommand\@ptsize{2}}
> >    \input{size1\@ptsize.clo}
> > so I need to modify that logic; otherwise things will not work.

> info kpathsea

If you read forward in the thread, you'll see that Frank has later
described workarounds to the renaming rule which I think address
my misgivings satisfactory.

However, kpathsea filename aliases are not one of the workarounds that
I find satisfactory. I wouldn't want to conclude that LaTeX is free
when it is run on the web2c TeX implementation but not when it is run
on another TeX implementation.

--
Henning Makholm                                      "Punctuation, is? fun!"