Re: Towards a new LPPL draft

On Mon, 2002-07-22 at 15:50, Walter Landry wrote:
> If file renaming is a real axiom, then I don't think that Debian and
> the LaTeX Project can come to an agreement.  DFSG #4 has never been
> interpreted as allowing that kind of restriction, and I don't see why
> Debian should make an exception for LaTeX.

I disagree.  DFSG 4 was, as I understand, drafted with explicit
reference to the situation with TeX, which is similar in many ways.

At any rate, I am satisfied that the file name issue is not a problem
with the DFSG because of the file redirect thing that is also a part of
LaTeX.  I intend to pursue getting some language into the license to
reference that specifically.

Is there anyone else who objects?  Walter, will you yield if you stand
alone on this matter?