Re: AW: A few more LPPL concerns

 > You might be interested in Thomas's followup:
 >
 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00407.html

sure i am. but at the same time I just saw the reply by Walter

message number perhaps

 http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00431.html

(or thereabout, it hasn#t shown up on the archive yet) where he says:

 If file renaming is a real axiom, then I don't think that Debian and
 the LaTeX Project can come to an agreement.  DFSG #4 has never been
 interpreted as allowing that kind of restriction, and I don't see why
 Debian should make an exception for LaTeX.

as long as this is as unresolved as it is there is no point for me or us to
try and work on the license further.

So please try and find a consensus of some kind, so that we know where we are

thanks
frank