Re: forwarded message from Jeff Licquia

Branden Robinson writes:
 > On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:19:38PM +0100, David Carlisle wrote:
 > > Unfortunately "seems to me" is almost the only kind of comment that we get,
 > > it would be more helpful if anyone could give a more objective criterion
 > > that shows how LPPL breaks some clause of the DFSG, however not this
 > > example.
 >
 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00035.html

already answered that it was an oversight to leave that in the draft

 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00036.html

already responded to half of it (in one or two cases asking for clarification
if i remember)

 > http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2002/debian-legal-200207/msg00071.html

that's one of yours right?

it does discuss general stuff and not explicit points about the license draft
or where there is explicit an explicit problem. ie it is another one of those
examples of general type. and as far as the general stuff about freedom for
... etc goes it was answered very explicitly by David, wasn't it?

so in other words the above are either no explicit criterion (for which David
asked) or they have been answered or mended.

anyway

 a)  I think i have identified a number of concerns as well as other problems
 which I would like to address with  a proposal and/or comments

 b)   I'm dead tired tonight

so i'm not going to do that ... perhaps giving some thinking space might now
be that wrong anyway

frank