Re: User's thoughts about LPPL

> That's not true.  He hasn't registered a trademark on the name, I
> believe.  So the most the license can do is prohibit you from calling
> a *derivative work* of Knuth's cmr10 file cmr10.tfm.

er yes that's the usual rider. Although it's not clear to me that you
can do that and still use it with TeX (unless you rename TeX) as that
would be a change to tex-the system. (But Knuth's licence comments are
not especially clear on edge cases).

Which doesn't alter my main point that the TeX and font licences are
essentially the same as LaTeX's so any move to move latex to Debian's
non free area should also take TeX and the computer modern fonts at the
same time.

David