Re: New CUPS license violates DFSG 6?

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 09:37, Henning Makholm wrote:
> In this particular case it doesn't look like the extended rights
> are viral in this setting, so there ought to be no problem here.
> (But I haven't looked up the context of the language that was quoted
> some articles ago, so I may be wrong).

The clause doesn't apply to us, since we're not developing an Apple
Operating System.  So, we get the straight (L)GPL (plus other, less
controversial exceptions).

As for virality, I'm not sure.  Anyone developing on CUPS or using it
for other purposes may want to take this into consideration.  For my
part, I have explicitly assigned copyright for my changes to EasySW, so
they would presumably be under the same license as the rest of CUPS.