Re: Legal status of chess game collections

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 12:28, Lukas Geyer wrote:
>   I think uncommented Chess games are effectively free of
>   copyright restrictions. They are collaborative performance art
>   or some such bizarre legal status.
>
>   I probably ought to clarify the legal position and add it to the
>   FAQ.
>
> So does anyone know how to handle this?

Get him to clarify it absolutely, telling him it's a very big issue for
Debian, and don't upload till you have the official word from him.

OTOH that section of the e-mail from him might even do for the copyright
file, but it would be best to have the 'official' word from him.

--
Joe Drew <hoserhead@woot.net> <drew@debian.org>

Please encrypt email sent to me.