Re: debian-legal list entry - confidential information disclosure

On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Anna wrote:

> It came to our attention that Debian have published on one of their
> mailing lists ("debian-legal") our company's confidential e-mail
> exchange.

This is incorrect terminology.  Jorgen Hagg <jorgen.hagg@axis.com>
published a message, and used debian-legal to do so.

> This has been done without seeking our consent and we urge Debian to
> remove the entry and the follow-ups from its archive servers
> immediately.

Jorgen should be notified of his error in order not to repeat it.  It's
unfortunate that he did not seek your consent.  Unfortunately, there is no
way to remove that message from the thousands of servers it's on, and
there is no desire to remove it from any Debian archive server.

My statement applies to both the main message, this message I'm sending,
and any followups that might repeat the error.

If there is a correction or retraction in a message he posted, you might
ask Jorgen (or you might prefer to do so yourself) to post a follow-up
with correct information.

It's not clear from your message which address you prefer people not use,
but I presume it's eemuconcept@eemuconcept.com.  Posting a different
address to use is probably your best bet.  If it's a huge problem, you
might consider disabling the incorrect address.

> The web address of the information:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2000/debian-legal-200012/msg00101.html and the follow-up letters ...

That's one possible web address of it, but it is archived on many
different servers.  One of them is
http://www.google.com/search?q=cache:nJ7INHUa-AAC:lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2000/debian-legal-200012/msg00101.html+eemuconcept%40eemuconcept.com&hl=en

Good luck!