Re: Problems in GNU FDL 1.2 Draft

begin Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho quotation of Thu, Feb 14, 2002 at 08:00:48PM +0200:

> I would advice against anyone using the GPL for documentation.
> For example, if I print and photocopy a GPL'd document and
> give the copies to my students, I must also give them
> machine-readable source.  This is a major nuisance.

The GPL says you only have to _offer_ them the source.  If they
want it on physical media you can tell them to bring a floppy to
office hours; otherwise just put it on a web site.

--
Don Marti
http://zgp.org/~dmarti       Join the Distributed Unisys Google Experiment.