Re: Intel's drivers license

#include <hallo.h>
Walter Landry wrote on Wed Feb 06, 2002 um 12:17:59PM:

> > > This rather long paragraph means that I can't take out some code
> > > covered by patents and use it to extend my favorite text editor.
> > > That would count as an additional restriction, and thus
> > > GPL-incompatible.

Okay, so the package would not be allowed to go to main since the code
cannot be adapted completely freely. What would be the appropriate
section, contrib or non-free? I tend to last one.

> > Well... Patents normally mean "Hey, hands off this". This patent
> > license grants an additional *permission*, to use the patents in
> > certain software.
>
> Intel is granting specific rights which do not extend to all GPL
> software.  Therefore, clause 7 of the GPL comes into effect, and we

The license is not GPL, but a BSD-like with special patent grants and
restricted permission covering the re-use of their (patented) code.
Would this be acceptable for non-free?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
cat /dev/boiler/water | Tee | Teesieb > /Tasse
mount -t hdev /dev/human/mund01 /Mund && cat /Tasse >/mund/Schluck