Re: license requirements for a book to be in free section

On Tuesday, January 29, 2002, at 03:56 PM, Marcus Brinkmann wrote:

 Extending it to absolute urls
would probably work, but has the serious problem that you can only point to
one mirror, and not let the user choose, so I don't like that at all.

Leave it as a relative URL (or is it just package name, don't remember), and then let apt-get pick the mirror of its choice. Add a marker to these locations, like main: or non-us: (others like contrib: and non-free: would work too, but FSF wouldn't touch them)

FSF would list, for example:

whatever  main:bash-whatever
whatever  non-us:openssh-whatever
whatever  <local name>

I haven't actually checked what the proper format for a packages file is, but that should get the point across.

We'd just have to worry about old versions of packages.