Re: after a long thread and a clarification with O'Reilly ...

On Tue, Jan 29, 2002 at 04:28:59PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:
> > And these are the new "notes" that O'Reilly wants to be present in the
> > debian package of the book.
>
>   I think that this note must be located within the book and at the
>   download location as well, since it must not be specific to
>   the debian package.

O'Reilly wants that each copy of the book contains these notes.

The web site is maintained by O'Reilly and I can't force them to modify
the content of the web site, if they don't do so one can't distribute
the book dowloaded from the web site without written permission but one
can distribute the book obtained from debian package.

Again: O'Reilly's problems.

Anyway I will suggest O'Reilly to add these copyright notes also to the
web site.

Cheers.

--
Stefano "Zack" Zacchiroli <zack@cs.unibo.it> ICQ# 33538863