Re: draft for new Vim license

Branden Robinson wrote:

> Well, I can see an easy way around this:
>
> Don't ship Vim such that it tries to link against the gpm library by
> default.  This would be wrong anyway since Vim is not GPL'ed, and this
> would encourage people to violate the license on the GPM library.

That's not necessary if the Vim license is GPL compatible, which I think
it (almost) is now.

> Debian can write a very small patch that enables linking with libgpm,
> and Debian can license that patch under the GNU GPL.

Don't like using this kind of tricks.

--
   [The rest of the ARMY stand around looking at a loss.]
INSPECTOR END OF FILM: (picks up megaphone) All right!  Clear off!  Go on!

 ///  Bram Moolenaar -- Bram@moolenaar.net -- http://www.moolenaar.net  \\\
(((   Creator of Vim -- http://vim.sf.net -- ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim   )))
 \\\  Help me helping AIDS orphans in Uganda - http://iccf-holland.org  ///