Re: One unclear point in the Vim license

On Wed, Jan 02, 2002 at 03:25:06PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> > I notice Vim in testing links against libgpm, which is GPL (according
> > to /usr/doc/libgpmg1/copyright).  Is this a problem, Vim's license being
> > GPL-incompatible?  (http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/license-list.html) I'm
> > not entirely clear on what can link to GPL libraries and when.
>
> Certainly the current Vim license is GPL-incompatible.  (Even if we
> decided it's free after all, it's definitely not ok to link it against
> a GPLd library.)

Alright, I'll file this.  Bram, you might want to check out any other
libraries Vim optionally links agaist.  (This is another, completely
different reason to make your license GPL-compatible.)

(What priority is appropriate for this?  I used Normal, but license
issues like this should probably be worked out before a release, so
Important might be appropriate.)

--
Glenn Maynard