Re: Modifying the GPL2?

On Thu, Dec 27, 2001 at 01:48:08PM +0000, Sunnanvind wrote:
> Karl wrote:
> > But the GPL-2 does not allow for modifications of the license itself.
> > It
> > does allow modifications of the "program", but not the license.
> >
> > As far as I can see, my choices are:
>
> Would it be legal to use the GPL, and say "this program is licensed under
> the GPL with the following exeptions [list of changes]"?
> Are your changes more permissive (if so, do it like Guile did) or more
> restrictive?

No. It's a "eurospeakised" version, like this:

		    GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LISENSE
		       Version 2, June 1991

 Kopyright (C) 1989, 1991 Free Softvare Fondation, Inc.
     59 Templ Plase, Suite 330, Bozton, MA  02111-1307  USA
 Everyone is permited to kopy and diztribute verbatim kopies
 of zis lisense dokument, but kanging it is not aloved.

			    Prembl

  Ze lisenses for mozt softvare are designed to take avay yor
freedom to share and kange it.  By kontrazt, ze GNU General Public
Lisense is intended to guarantee yor freedom to share and kange free
softvare--to make sure ze softvare is free for al itz users.  Zis
General Public Lisense aplies to mozt of ze Free Softvare
Fondation's softvare and to any ozer program vhose auzors komit to
using it.  (Some ozer Free Softvare Fondation softvare is kovered by
ze GNU Library General Public Lisense insted.)  Yo kan aply it to
yor programs, tu.

.... and it continues, but I'm sure you get the idea :-)

Perhaps this can be accepted as a "translation" of the GPL-2 ?

--
Karl E. Jørgensen
karl@jorgensen.com