Re: [summary] Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

Oohara Yuuma <oohara@libra.interq.or.jp> wrote:
> I am interested in this thread because many of the Newbiedoc documents
> are licensed under GNU FDL.  I wrote a summary of the thread.
> Please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> * Everyone on this thread agreed that works licensed under GNU FDL
>   with no Invariant Sections are completely DFSG free.
>
> * Everyone on this thread agreed that copyright notices may be invariant.
>
> * Almost everyone on this thread wanted to have the emacs manual and
>   the gdb manual (both have invariant texts) in main.

I would say that, yes, basically everyone would like to have the emacs
manual and the gdb manual in main.  However, there are a significant
number of people (though probably not a majority) who aren't happy
with it going in the way it is (with the invariant sections).

With that caveat, I would say that this is an excellent summary of the
discussion.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu