Re: An attempt to narrow the issues

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 08:37:58PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> One example of a requirement that doesn't impinge freeness, but isn't
> in option one, is something that says "you must preserve the notice
> that the unmodified version of this software can be found at web site
> foo."  Such a statement is sometimes found, is not included in option
> one, but would be allowed by modified option one (as it should be).

I think this kind of requirement is a good illustration of the problems
with invariant text :)

All future users of the software will be required to include that
statement, even when it is no longer true.  Web site foo might have
been turned into one of those obnoxious porn sites that use javascript
in creative ways.  But still, you must preserve that notice.

Richard Braakman