Re: REVISED PROPOSAL regarding DFSG 3 and 4, licenses, and modifiable text

On Fri, Dec 14, 2001 at 09:31:58PM -0800, Thomas Bushnell, BSG wrote:
> I think I would be willing to sign on to Branden's latest proposal (as
> referred to in the headers of this message), with two provisos.

That's not Branden's latest proposal.

> First, I would like to replace the 32K limit with a 0.1% of total
> documentation size limit, which I think allows exactly the same
> current manuals as Branden's proposal.

At the moment, I, personally, find any such limits far to generous.
I could probably be persuaded to find a 100 byte limit acceptable,
but giving permission for any package to include something of similar
length to the GNU Manifesto is completely wrong, IMO.

But you've repeatedly ignored such objections as "peripheral", so whatever.

Cheers,
aj

 "Security here. Yes, maam. Yes. Groucho glasses. Yes, we're on it.
   C'mon, guys. Somebody gave an aardvark a nose-cut: somebody who
    can't deal with deconstructionist humor. Code Blue."
		-- Mike Hoye,
		      see http://azure.humbug.org.au/~aj/armadillos.txt