Re: Final Draft: Interpretive Guideline regarding DFSG clause 3

On Thu, Dec 13, 2001 at 08:00:53AM -0600, ichimunki wrote:
> Obviously if the FSF is intending to lead by example, they think the
> Manifesto is a good benchmark for what kind of texts should be allowable as
> invariant sections. For my part I agree.

Actually... in that case, they also seem to think that "A Sample GDB Session"
is a good benchmark.  It's obvious to me that the GFDL invites abuse,
and the FSF itself is not immune to it.

If we're going to accept any manual with invariant sections as Free, then
I think we should have an exact list of acceptable invariant sections, and
not allow any others without prior discussion.

Richard Braakman