Re: Debian trademark [was: Debian GNU/w32, may ready to be started?]

Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> writes:

>   We also don't use our resources to compile and distribute binary
> packages for Solaris, or put our name behind an effort to do so.  Why
> should we do anything different for Windows?

When has we rejected to put our name behind an effort to distribute
binary packages for Solaris like you suggesting we should do with
Windows?

I know that dpkg has been ported/compiled on a couple of closed source
unices but a porting project of Debian as a whole I don't remember
been discussed to the extend you seems to suggesting.

--
Når folk spørger mig, om jeg er nørd, bliver jeg altid ilde til mode
og svarer lidt undskyldende: "Nej, jeg bruger RedHat".