Re: PROPOSED: interpretive guidelines regarding DFSG 3, modifiability, and invariant text

    > This is not a very serious issue, since it isn't hard to rewrite a
    > small amount of text.  You can also refer to it with a hypertext link
    > instead of copying it.

    s/\<text\>/code/

    Would you still feel the same way?

Text and code are very different--I'm not even sure what it would mean
to say "the same thing" about code.  There are many ways that one
program can refer to another, but none of them is quite like a
hyperlink.  For some of these ways, I would indeed say the same thing.
For others, I would say something very different.

Contrasting the related but different issues for code and text is
interesting to think about, but not directly crucial to the issue at
hand.  So, in the interests of getting my other work done, I'll leave
the subject at that point.