Re: APL & LGPL & GPL

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 01:16:51AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> Debian has so far ignored that clause, since many of us feel that it
> leads to too many questions to be worth it, and that it's fundamentatly
> a copout for a Free OS to use it.

And because arranging the distribution to satisfy the "don't distribute
gpled code with the incompatible executable" sub-clause requires, in essence,
that we set up two independent distribution channels.  [So we can guarantee
we're not distributing the gpled code with the incompatibly licensed
executable form of the other code.]

--
Raul