Re: OpenOffice and Java

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 12:10:10PM -0500, Chris Lawrence wrote:
> On Oct 21, David Starner wrote:
> > On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 02:58:22PM +0400, Peter Novodvorsky wrote:
> > > With current jdk license it cannot be put in non-free, right? In this
> > > case,  openoffice cannot be put in main nor in contrib nor  in non-free.
> >
> > It can be placed in contrib. "free packages which require ... packages
> > which are not in our archive at all for compilation or execution"
> > (interesting that it can't require a package in non-us, but it can
> > require one not in the archive.)
>
> FWIW, OpenOffice will install and run without Java on the system, at
> least if you use the binaries at openoffice.org.  There's no reason
> why we can't have a separate openoffice-java in contrib for people
> that want the Java support.

According to Peter, they won't build without a version of Java we don't
have in the archive, even in non-free. So the whole thing has to go into
contrib and be manually built on each system.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each