Non-US packets

Hi,

I was wondering about the non-US strong encrytion packages.
What would happen if I installed the Software on a laptop and travelled to
the USA. As I understand that should not be a problem as long as I (or at
leas my laptop :o)) stay in the USA, but what if I want to leave the USA
again ... would I have to deinstall everything?
Would it make any difference if I left the USA for, say, only one week?

I would appreciate any help on this issue. Also, do the package differ in
"badness" as far as the USA is concerned (e.g. is it a worse crime to export
package A than it is to export package B, both packages being in the non-USA
package ... what are the fines/punishments?).

Thanks in advance,
Christoph