Re: KDE not in Debian?

On Tue, Feb 01, 2000 at 06:06:13PM -0800, David Johnson wrote:
> Would you accept a QPLd bugfix to a LGPL library?

No more than I'd accept a Qt support patch to a GPLed program.

> The KDE/Qt situation is much different. Qt is outside of KDE. They have
> distinct copyright holders. They only make contact through dynamic
> linkage.

So?  When the program is running, both the GPLed code and the Qt code
exist together in the same virtual memory image.

Ultimately, there's no difference between run-time linking and
compile-time linking except that run-time linking happens at run time
while compile-time linking happens at compile time.

I don't know why you pretend ignorance of this.

--
Raul