Is haskell-doc acceptable in main? (was: Re: Is the GPL free?)

On Thu, Oct 21, 1999 at 06:58:26PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> Debian has not required documentation and other text documents to allow
> modifiaction to be in main.

Is this true?  Would the haskell-doc package be acceptable in main?
Here's the copyright file:

This package was put together by Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho
<ajk@debian.org>, who is also the upstream editor for this collection
of documentation.  The sources for the collection was downloaded from
<URL:ftp://ftp.jyu.fi/private/antkaij/haskell-doc/>.

Here is an excerpt from upstream README:

8<----
The following copyright notice apply to both the language report and
the library report:

    Copyright (c) Simon Peyton Jones and John Hughes. Permission is
    granted by the authors to copy and distribute this Report for any
    purpose, provided only that it is reproduced in its entireity,
    including this Notice.

(See the errata for this.)

The authors of the reports have asked me to distribute the errata page
alongside with the reports, so it is included.

All files in this collection which were authored by me can be treated
as if they were in the public domain.

 - Antti-Juhani Kaijanaho <ajk@debian.org>
8<----

                                  ""