Re: xforms exception for xmysqladmin needed?

** "Peter" == Peter S Galbraith <GalbraithP@dfo-mpo.gc.ca> wrote:

Peter> It doesn't say you may distribute full sources _separately_.

It doesn't say, the binary and the sources have to be in the same
archive file. In fact, it doesn't say anything about archive files (or
similar). The entity in which xmysqladmin is distributed by Debian are
out archives. And they contain the source.

Peter> I don't take this personally.  Neither should you.  It's a
Peter> release critical bug, but I have offered a solution (even two,
Peter> as you're going to need to contact the author about xmysql's
Peter> license anyway, unless that's a different upstream author).

It has. He agreed to a addendum. And I got agrrement from the xisp
author as well. But the xmysqladmin license is perfectly free in my
eyes, and I decline to ask him to change the license to GPL + addendum
on these grounds.

Peter> There's no need to brush this aside too quickly.  There is no
Peter> immediate threat to remove the package from the archive.

There is. Remember, we want to freeze. I have been asked to provide
comments about the bug, and if potato can be released without it.

I understand the reasons. The release manager wants to freeze, when
the count of release critical bugs for the essential packages has
dropped to some level acceptable by him. At this point, packages with
a bug like xmysqladmin has are likely to be removed.

Therefore, a judgement has to be done quickly.

Ciao,
	Martin