Re: Intent to package xmemos

Peter S Galbraith wrote:

> David Starner wrote:
>
> > Peter S Galbraith wrote:
> > >
> > > No. The current version has had a _clarification_ added, but is
> > > still very much GPLed (without additional clauses).  See the
> > > Debian package or http://www.lyx.org/license.html
> >
> > I do see. But it's not GPL'ed. The clarification makes that very clear,
> > IMO. The clarification is an addendum to the license and changes the
> > terms of the license ("The terms of the GPL apply save where they
> > conflict with this statement.")
>
> I disagree.  They explicitely state that they have always used
> the GPL,
"While LyX has been released nominally under the GPL in the past, it has
in fact never been truly GPL." - From the clarification statement.

That's an explicit statement that LyX was never truely under the GPL.

> and that, legally, any clause that are inapplicable are
> rejected, whether they add a clarification paragraph or not.
I don't really get where you're getting this from. I think the point is
that they did add a clarification paragraph.

--
David Starner - OSU student - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
If you want a real optimist, look up Ray Bradbury. Guy's nuts.