Re: The APSL and Export Controls

On Mon, 29 Mar 1999, Chip Salzenberg wrote:

> According to Jules Bean:
> > Forcing a report at every stage of the way is too much of an
> > impediment, IMO.
>
> The APSL is satisfied if you just automatically make diffs with a cron
> job, and put them at the same URL every night.

Yeah, you're right.  That's not too much like hard work.  What I'm really
thinking about is people who derive from *my* work, and then people who
derive from *their* work, and so on..

Well, I've made my concerns clear enough.  I ought to stop.. one more
idea...

I wonder how they'd feel about a clause which simple says:

"You warrant that you will provide, by some convenient means, your
modifications to the code upon request from Apple or their duly appointed
representative, and allow them to be distributed under this license"

Which shifts the onus on making contact to them.

They probably wouldn't like it.

Jules