Re: The APSL and Export Controls

According to Jonathan P Tomer:
> > > it is non free because it requires those who wish to distribute
> > > modified code to perform a service for a particular entity, apple.
> >
> > So does the BSD advertising clause.
>
> subtle difference: the bsd advertising clause (which few people like
> anyway) only requires a service for -advertisement-. you can
> distribute the software as much as you want without doing anything
> for the author.

The principle is the same: My future actions involving the code are
encumbered by obligations to the licensor(s).

Is it 'Open Source'?  The OSD says it is.
Is it 'free'?  Depends on who you ask.
--
Chip Salzenberg      - a.k.a. -      <chip@perlsupport.com>
      "When do you work?"   "Whenever I'm not busy."