Documentation Copyleft

A while back I saw a post (or something) on the subject of
free manuals/documentation.
I am currently packaging (Metamath for debian) a manual associated with
a system and noticed that it contained the standard copyright
notice.  I asked the author about it and he (Norman D. Megill)
replied that as far as he was concerned he wanted it released
as a free manual.  I am not a lawyer (and don't want to be).
I would like a template copyleft.  Norm will make the change
to his manual based on that template.
I am hoping that you will be able to show me where in the
manual this is located :-)
In the meantime I am using the copyright from the <acct-6.3.2>
manual.

Thank you for your help.

p.s. If a set of template copyright notices were prominent on the
developers page that would be nice.
The copyright types I know/suspect exist are:
- application (GPL, Artistic License, etc.)
- library (LGPL, QPL, etc.)
- documentation (<this is what I am looking for>)
- empirical data (<experimentally obtained data, such as astronomical
data>)
I suspect that there are others, I recognize that is some sense
these are probably the same but different situations require different
licenses (e.g. GPL vs LGPL)