Re: mysql license update

On Feb 3, 2004, at 16:03, Steve Langasek wrote:

I'm not sure if we have any GPL PHP modules in Debian, and if we do
checking dependencies isn't that hard. The easiest fix would be for
foo.php to be licensed under a GPL-compatible license.

What would constitute a "GPL PHP module"?

A PEAR-type 'library' under the GPL, for example.

 There are many PHP extensions
(compiled DSOs) in Debian that are based on GPL-compatible code, but
none, AFAIK, that are distributed under the GPL.

I don't think any are.

  (I think this would be
a license violation in its own right, regardless of what MySQL libs, if
any, were used.)

Probably, at least when distributed by Debian (other people can probably claim the 'os components' exception)