Re: If not GFDL, then what?

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 06:53:08PM -0400, Anthony DeRobertis wrote:
> We're talking about removing a CD from it. I doubt that qualifies as
> modification (creating a derivative work?) under any sane copyright law;
> otherwise, you couldn't sell a book if you lost the accompanying CD,
> lost a page, or, I imagine, scribbled some notes in the margin.
>
> Please tell me that isn't the case in the EU.

Ah, so that's the REAL reason Fermat didn't share the proof for his Last
Theorem.  It would have made criminals out of his heirs if they
transferred that famously-margin-annotated book to someone else!  :)

Truly, droit d'auteur is a mighty thing.  :)

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Q: How does a Unix guru have sex?
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     A: unzip;strip;touch;finger;mount;