Re: committee for FSF-Debian discussion

* Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> [2003-10-01 13:29]:
> I don't have any problems with Don personally, but I personally
> would rather we had a full-fledged Debian Developer as our other
> delegate to this committee.

Branden and I have spoken about this on IRC a few days ago, but I also
wanted to reply to the list.  While I agree that it's not ideal that
Don is not yet a Debian developer, I don't really think it's a major
problem.  He's definitely in a good position to represent -legal on
this matter and has my backing.  In fact, both Mako and I reviewed the
-legal archives again and think that Don is definitely a good choice.
He has also signed up for NM in the meantime, and since NM is working
pretty well these days it should only be a matter of time for him to
become an official Debian developer.  I have also talked to some other
people and asked them about their opinion, and there were no
objections with having Don on this committee.  I also tried asking
Bruce, but he hasn't responded yet.

> the stages of the NM process, pledged to uphold the Social Contract

He has agreed to uphold the Social Contract in private mail to me, as
I mentioned before.

--
Martin Michlmayr
leader@debian.org