Re: MPlayer DFSG compatibility status

On Thursday 09 October 2003 14:24, Gabucino wrote:
> Gabucino wrote:
> > I wonder if there's still any obstacle in the way of MPlayer's inclusion
> > into Debian.
>
> Please list _actual_ licensing problems of MPlayer so we can discuss them -
> the purpose this list exists for.
>
> The following issues' discussion has started so far:
>
>  - libavcodec's possible patent infringements: even if they do exist, xine
>    (which contains this library) was let into debian main.
>
>  - ASF patent: it seems there is an agreement that there is no reason to
> fear Microsoft on this part. However - of course - I don't want to say the
> final word; this is just my understatement so far.
>
>  - Win32 DLLs: current linux media players (including MPlayer) are more
> than able to live without them.

You forgot the non-respect of the license of the libraries included in mplayer
(you know, the thing having been brought in another branch of this thread).

Mike

--
"I have sampled every language, french is my favorite. Fantastic language,
especially to curse with. Nom de dieu de putain de bordel de merde de