Re: RFC: GPL plus securities industry disclaimer suitable for main?

On 2003-10-03 02:39:11 +0100 Dirk Eddelbuettel <edd@debian.org> wrote:
One such CRAN package, GPL'ed and all, was written by someone in the

I think that this is apparently licensed under the GPL with additional restrictions contained in the licence covering the original download. To me, that means that no-one other than the copyright holder can legally distribute it, as you cannot simultaneously satisfy the GPL clause 10 and the new licence and I think that invokes clause 11.

Some comments.

This is unclear:

You agree that you are a customer of Commerzbank who has been issued with a valid password or the employee of such a customer who is authorised by such customer to use such password and to access and make use of this product area.

This is bizarre: this information does not form the basis of a commitment?

circumstances. Nothing on this site constitutes or forms a part of any offer for sale or subscription of, or any invitation to offer to buy or subscribe for, any securities, nor should it or any part of it form the basis of, or be
relied upon in connection with any contract or commitment whatsoever.

This appears to be killer if the its libs were downloaded from the web site:

If you choose to
download any information, you agree not to further copy such information, or
redistribute such information in any manner.

I'm not sure this goes beyond the GPL's disclaimer, actually:

Commerzbank AG makes no representation or warranty, express or implied, statutory or otherwise as to condition, quality, performance or fitness for purpose as to the irregular time series software ("Software")and specifically
[...]

http://mjr.towers.org.uk/ gopher://g.towers.org.uk/ slef@jabber.at