Re: FSF has stopped linking to Debian website

Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@debian.org> a tapoté :

> On Friday 26 September 2003, at 14 h 23,
> Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> wrote:
>
> > Compare:
> >
> > http://web.archive.org/web/20021128102620/http://www.gnu.org/links/links.ht=
> > ml
> >
> > with:
>
> [ http://www.gnu.org/links/links.html ]
>
> Funny, FSF does not mention Debian or FreeBSD anymore,

An explanation has been added
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/links/links.html.diff?r1=1.28&r2=1.29&diff_format=h&cvsroot=www.gnu.org>

* OpenBSD was removed because of mpg123... Well, it cannot imagine
that it was not possible to convince OpenBSD people to replace it with
mpg321. Strange.
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/links/links.html.diff?r1=1.27&r2=1.28&diff_format=h&cvsroot=www.gnu.org>

* NetBSD and FreeBSD links were removed because "they have proprietary
software packages that the distribute on their respective websites".
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/links/links.html.diff?r1=1.26&r2=1.27&diff_format=h&cvsroot=www.gnu.org>

For NetBSD, I think that's it:
<http://www.netbsd.org/gallery/software.html>
For FreeBSD, I did not found the problem on the website.

Anyway, it's not a big surprise that *BSD refers to non-free software
since the BSD licenses permits building non-free software with their
code.

* Debian has been removed because of the non-free part.
<http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/links/links.html.diff?r1=1.24&r2=1.25&diff_format=h&cvsroot=www.gnu.org>

It has been done "5 weeks, 4 days ago". I hope this has nothing to do
with the GFDL issue, which should be treated as a separated issue, if
we are not planning to start a war.

Sadly, it sounds like a divorce is near. We all have something to
loose here.

--
Mathieu Roy

  Homepage: