Re: Documentation and Sarge's Release Critical Policy

Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 05, 2003 at 06:40:53PM -0400, Walter Landry wrote:
> > Given that you were misinformed about the FSF's intentions [1] [...]
> > [1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-legal/2003/debian-legal-200308/msg01323.html
>
> I try to be very careful about what I write. The intentions weren't
> the FSF's, and they certainly weren't Stallman's; they were that of
> "some members of the FSF".

That just begs the question: If they have no influence on the GFDL,
why does Debian care what "some members of the FSF" think?  Some
employees of Sun would like to see a DFSG-free Java.  That doesn't
mean that Debian should let the JDK into Debian until those employees
quit.

Regards,
Walter Landry
wlandry@ucsd.edu