Re: Is the Nokia Open Source License DFSG compliant?

On Sun, Aug 31, 2003 at 12:32:19PM -0500, Steve Langasek wrote:
> I feel very strongly that software patents are out of scope for the
> DFSG.

I feel very strongly that they're exactly within scope.

The scope of the DFSG is "freedom", not "copyright law".

I don't think it's an accident that the term "copyright" doesn't even
appear in the DFSG.

Anything which is used to abridge the freedoms that attach to Free
Software violates the DFSG.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |           //     // //  /     /