Re: A possible GFDL compromise

On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 05:44:58PM +0900, Fedor Zuev wrote:
> 	For the majority of people outside of this list "software"
> is the synonym of "computer programs". I do not see any
> need to change it.

If you show such a person a CD with the game Terminus on it, and
ask them to describe what's on it, what will they say?  First
they'll say "Terminus", of course, but if you then ask "and more
generally?" I suspect most will say "software".

I suspect they will NOT say "software, manuals, graphics, sound effects,
and digitized speech".  They'll include all that in "software".

Richard Braakman